Instagram: @alex__swanson

Sunday, July 19, 2009

San Clemente Oceanfest

I attended the San Clemente Oceanfest at the northside of the pier today, it was way sick.
A couple thousand people were in attendance, with 400+ competitors. I did the mile open water swim, and a swim-run-swim. The weather was hot, the water was 67+, and the swell picked up throughout the day, with 4-5 ft. sets rolling through. I carpooled down with my lifeguard buds, Bryce and TJ Saeman. They competed in the standup paddle competition, finishing equal 7th, getting eliminated in the Semis. Their sister, Bridget, ended up winning the womens division, destroying all the girls. The sickest thing about the whole day was sitting next to Mickey Munoz, talking about surfboards with Colin McPhillips, having Mavericks pioneer, Jeff Clark trip over my bag, and having a talk with Alex Knost at a 7 11 about the swell and the competition. Overall, it was a way sick day that I can't wait to try to repeat next year.

No comments: