Instagram: @alex__swanson

Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Motivation

I wrote this back at the beginning of December, but it still holds true today... It's long, and it's up to you to decide whether or not its worth your time.

Where does our motivation come from? Is it for the satisfaction for accomplishing a task? Is it to impress others, or prove to yourself that you can do it? Whatever the underlying reasons, it's all for Him.
God created us to make the most out of our life here on Earth, in a morally upright way. So, in order to get fulfillment, satisfaction, we must put God at the center of everything we do, the way we live our lives.
We get so caught up in the daily routine, the motions, that we forget what it's all about: serving God. We miss the forest for the trees. We get fixated on one particular task, and we leave other, more important ones by the ayside.
What does it take to get back on the straight and narrow path?
Is it a tragedy, or a goal?
Or rather, is it the realization that there is more to this life than earthly pleasures, selfishness.
One can change quickly, but keeping that change constant is where the real challenge lies.
Right now, I am in a rut. I cannot find any motivation in my heart, I fall back on self pity. So, I went on a run to clear my head, read A Purpose Driven Life, and prayed to the Lord for strength.
I have made it this far, with three more weeks left in school, I know I can dig deep and power through this bleakness, with the help of God.
It is all for Him, it is not for me.
12-1-10

No comments: